The Church Content WordPress plugin provides an interface for managing sermons, events, people and locations. Please be aware that a compatible theme is required for presenting content from these church-centric post types in a tightly-integrated manner.
Who this is for
This plugin is intended for a very specific audience. If you are not one of the following then this plugin will not be useful to you.
- Users of official themes from ChurchThemes.com
- Users of third-party themes made specifically for this plugin
- Theme developers improving data portability for church sites
What it does
It provides post types, taxonomies and fields for sermons, events, people and locations to be shown by a compatible church WordPress theme.
Experienced WordPress developers agree that functionality like this does not belong in themes since themes are intended only for controlling the appearance of a WordPress site. Content that users might expect to take with them if they switch themes should “live” in a plugin in order to avoid theme lock-in. Similarly, our approach is not to present content using the plugin since themes offer more control for that purpose. This is why a compatible theme is required.
See the Plugin Details on ChurchThemes.com for a tour of features. Read the User Guide for instructions.
A compatible theme is required for presenting sermons, events, etc. added with the plugin.
- Official themes provided by ChurchThemes.com
- Third-party themes at churchthemes.com/third-party-themes
Church Content Pro
Church Content Pro is an add-on that provides additional features.
- Sermon Podcasting (iTunes, Google Play, etc.)
- Recurring Events (e.g. “every Monday and Thursday”)
- Event Date Exclusions (holidays, weather closings, etc.)
- Enhanced SEO (schema.org Structure Data using JSON-LD)
- Location Memory (autofill and select previous event locations)
- Wording Settings (e.g. rename “Sermons” to “Messages”)
- Agency Mode (simplify license management for clients)
Please see the Developer Guide on ChurchThemes.com for notes on developing themes that use this plugin. A couple benefits are that you will save time and be helping to accomplish better data portability among church websites powered by WordPress.
You can follow development on GitHub.
Several translations are available, including English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Swedish, Dutch, Norwegian, Serbian and Slovak. See the Translations section in the plugin’s user guide for a more complete list. Also see translate.wordpress.org.
- Visit ChurchThemes.com for compatible themes, add-ons and help
- We’re on Twitter, Facebook and have a Newsletter
- Lead developer: stevengliebe.com
Note: This plugin was previously named “Church Theme Content”.
- Log into your WordPress admin area
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search for Church Content
- Click Install Now for the plugin
- Click Activate Plugin after installation
Please see our Plugin Installation guide for additional information.
Can I use this plugin with any theme?
No, a theme made specifically for use with this plugin is necessary for displaying content. Please see Who this is for in the plugin description.
Can I make a theme that uses this plugin?
Yes, please see the Developer Guide.
How can I make an event recur in a special way?
Install the Church Content Pro add-on for recurrence like “every two weeks” and “third Sunday of every month”.
How can I make content show differently?
Please contact the maker of your theme. This plugin handles the management of content in a way friendly to both users and theme developers. The presentation of content is handled by a compatible theme.
Contributors & Developers
“Church Content – Sermons, Events and More” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Мүчөлөрү
“Church Content – Sermons, Events and More” has been translated into 5 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Church Content – Sermons, Events and More” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
See releases on GitHub.