Dadi Breadcrumb inserts a powerful and hight customizable breadcrumb in your theme. You can customize it like you want. For example, you can define the
specific target category of your breadcrumb for each post and post type, provided that this term/category is assigned to your post.
- You can set insert type in your theme (manually, with jquery, with hook)
- You can insert term/category (with or without parent) for each post (and for each custom post type)
- You can set and insert date in your breadcrumb
- You can define a virtual directory in the breadcrumb
- You can define custom post title and/or you can cut title globally
- You can define type of icon for home link (glyphicon or image)
- You can define if custom post type label/name will be as a link or not
- You can set type of separator and add custom separators
- You can define type of name for author page
- You can define own style for breadcrumb
Download and extract plugin files to a wp-content/plugin directory.
Activate the plugin through the WordPress admin interface.
Customize your breadcrumb in settings/dadi breadcrumb and in the metabox in post/page or custom post type editor.
If you have any questions or problems please make a post here: https://wordpress.org/tags/dadi-breadcrumb
I check insert breadcrumb with jQuery, but breadcrumb not shows
You must define a class or id in dadi breadcrumb settings page. This id or class must exists in your theme. So, if not exists, breadcrumb don’t shows. In this
case you could access in your template and add class or id in a tag target (example: div) that you want.
I have inserted breadcrumb with jQuery and in 404 error page I have inserted breadcrumb manually. Now breadcrumb is shown doubly!
Pheraps have you inserted breadcrumb in header and not in 404 error page? In this case, breadcrumb could be shown doubly! You must insert breadcrumb only
in the 404 error page. Alternatively, if you want insert breadcrumb in header, you must use native conditional tag for 404 error page. Example:
is_404() ? get_dadi_breadcrumb() : '';
I can insert custom separators?
Yes, you can. You must define your custom separators in your theme file functions.php. You can use an array of custom separators or a single custom separator.
$my_custom_separators = array( '\', '-', ':' );
Now you simpy call function in your theme:
if( function_exists( 'add_custom_separator_to_dadi_breadcrumb' ) ) add_custom_separator_to_dadi_breadcrumb( $my_custom_separators );
Or if you want insert only a separator:
if( function_exists( 'add_custom_separator_to_dadi_breadcrumb' ) ) add_custom_separator_to_dadi_breadcrumb( '/' );
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Dadi Breadcrumb” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Risolve minor bugs
- Add conditional is_object() in the get_dadibd_display_term_tree function
- Correct bug in get_dadibd_term_id function to display default category if is not checked no default cat
- Deprecate remove_second_dadi_breadcrumb function (will be removed in the next major release)
- Correct bug option auto_append_breadcrumb in get_dadi_breadcrumb_above_the_loop and get_dadi_breadcrumb_with_jquery functions
- Add microformat in the breadcrumb
- Initial version