Eloquent is an awesome front-end editor for your website. Edit posts and pages directly from your website front-end!
It is not a full-featured editor like a WordPress editor in the admin panel, but it is a great solution for your not-too-tech-savvy clients to quickly edit existing posts/pages.
This is an early version of the plugin. Some of the upcoming features:
- Upload images to WordPress’ media library (currently it is uploading images in post/page body).
- Back-end element style editor. You’ll be able to add CSS classes to your elements with one click.
Test it on tastewp.com now!
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/eloquentdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Eloquent screen to configure the plugin and set up CSS selectors for your elements
- Enjoy using Eloquent!
How do I upload images to WordPress media library
You can’t. Not yet. I am still working on an image uploader which will work nicely with WP media library.
Autodetect option is not detecting selectors
If autodetect option is not automatically detecting selectors (or not detecting them correctly) you’ll have to define them manually. You can use your browser’s “Inspect element” option to get unique selector of an element.
Contributors & Developers
“Eloquent” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Мүчөлөрү
Translate “Eloquent” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated SweetAlert
- Updated ContentEditor
- Initial version