hreflang Flag plugin uses css3 selectors to add a flag icon to your links depending on their hreflang attribute.
This is really useful if you regularly link to pages in other languages and you want to inform your visitors about the language of the link target.
It’s even more useful if your own blog is multilingual.
- Upload the
hreflang-flagdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to setting -> hreflang Flag configuration and configure the flags you want to see (some sample flags are already filled in).
- Use the hreflang attribute in the links you want to see flags.
- I have external link icon the way wikipedia does it, is it compatible with hreflang Flag ?
Well, no 🙁
hreflang Flag uses the same technique of setting the css background of the a tag, so the displayed icon will be the last css match (probably the flag) you have to choose one.
There could be a possibility as described here: http://www.quirksmode.org/css/multiple_backgrounds.html
but this only work on webkit based browser. However this is not implemented in hreflang Flag now.
- More questions ?
Please see plugin homepage: http://silicone.homelinux.org/projects/hreflang-flag
Or search wordpress.org Forums.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“hreflang Flag” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Мүчөлөрү
Translate “hreflang Flag” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- French translation
- configuration is not reseted after re-enabling the plugin anymore.
- initial release