- Associate categories to each file in the Media Library
- Edit or delete media categories
- View files associated to categories in a separate submenu page of Media called Media Category Library
- Change the upload date of files in the Media Category Library
- In Media Category Library, view a list of Pages that have the file included in the content.
- Display lists of files by categories using a shortcode: [mediacat cats=”Documents,Images” orderby=”date” order=”DESC”] or [mediacat cats=”Documents,Images” orderby=”title” order=”ASC”]
- Front end search form with customizable rewrite URL — the default URL is /mediacat-library/ (or ?mediacat_library=1 if you use default permalinks), but this can be changed in the plugin settings
- Display front end search form by shortcode: [mediacatform]
media-category-libraryfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enable permalinks (optional but suggested)
How do I access the frontend search form?
The frontend search form is available as a rewrite URL (requires a permalink structure to be defined); the default URL is http://www.YOUR_DOMAIN_HERE.com/mediacat-library/. You can change the rewrite URL under Settings -> Media Category Library. If you don’t use a permalink structure, you can access it here: http://www.YOUR_DOMAIN_HERE.com/?mediacat_library=1
How do I change the HTML output of the search form, search results, and/or shortcode output?
Create a directory named media-category-library in your theme directory and then copy the 3 HTML templates (search.php [search form], list.php [search results], and shortcode.php [shortcode output]) from the plugin’s views directory into that new directory. The plugin will use the HTML templates in your theme instead of the ones found in the plugin’s views directory.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Media Category Library” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Мүчөлөрү
Interested in development?
- Fix taxonomy counts
- Fixed php warnings and updated tested up to version.
- Fixed issue reported by firstname.lastname@example.org. Minor changes to markup and CSS.
- Add limit for shortcode options
- Updated screenshots and readme file.
- Added media categories dropdown on Add New Media modal; used solution employed by Media-Taxonomies plugin (https://github.com/Horttcore/Media-Taxonomies).
- Added operator as a shortcode option at request of darksteir
- Added function_exists call for ANOTHER get_current_screen function
- Added function_exists call for get_current_screen function
- Add media category dropdown filter to Media Library list.
- Make changes that allow plugin to play more nicely with new media uploader.
- Allow multiple categories.
- Remove ability to choose category after upload — category association only happens on edit media library page.
- Add distinct to search query and use prepared query.
- Fix number of warnings in error log.
- Fix delete image link from backend library page.
- Added French language support (translation by tlemaire).
- Fix backend search bug.
- Fixed keyword search issue.
- Fixed misspelling in views/list.php (Mar changed to May).
- Added Check All option to search form.
- Changed manage_options to manage_categories.
- Added set height for category container with overflow auto on search form.
- Fixed warning: Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in views/search.php
- Fixed warning: Warning: Missing argument 1 for MediaCategoryLibrary::media_category_content()
- Localization for Media Categories page name
- Added Media Categories taxonomy add/edit page.
- Improved links on edit media page.
- Fixed category deletion issue.
- Added returnposts parameter for shortcode function.
- Fixed shortcode orderby issue.
- Allow title or post_title and date or post_date for short code attributes.
- Add classes to shortcode table output to enable css display:none for certain columns.
- Fixed shortcode sorting issue.
- Add ability to customize templates by copying them to current theme.
- Fixed base url issue with search and pagination.
- Add orderby (title or date) and order (ASC, DESC, menu_order) to search and shortcode.
- Added priority for wp_title add_filter.
- Changed backend posts per page to 20.
- Fixed issues for WordPress subdirectory installs (thanks to Logitec21).
- Added German language support (translation by Logitec21).
- Changed URLs in plugin so that things work if you use default permalinks.
- Add custom column for media category on Media Library listing.
- First release!