Tired of right clicking to save images from Media Library? This plugin allows you to download and replace files directly from your Media Library. It adds a button to download the original file.
- Download image or file to your computer or device while in Media Attachment View (doesn’t open them in the browser)
- Replace Same File Type
- Tiny footprint
- Compress bulk files for download (downloads a zip file of selected images)
- Download single files while in Thumbnail View hover
- No Download limit
Installing via the WordPress dashboard:
- Browse to Plugins – Add New in your WordPress dashboard.
- Search for “media library file download” using the search box on the right.
- Find the Media Library File Download plugin in the search results and click Install Now.
Installing via FTP:
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/media-downloaddirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
Installing via WP-CLI:
wp plugin install media-download
Contributors & Developers
“Media Library File Download” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Download single file while in Thumbnail View Hover (Pro)
- Initial public release