Shortcodes to enhance the appearance of your membership site
For sites running the Memberlite Theme or a Memberlite Child Theme, this plugin offers several shortcodes to simplify the use of various display elements and enhance the appearance of your site content.
Memberlite is the ideal theme for your membership site – packed with integration for top membership site plugins including Paid Memberships Pro. It’s fully customizable with your logo, colors, fonts, custom sidebars, and more global layout settings.
Add an accordion block with collapsible sections using this simple shortcode. more info
Create fluid-width banners to divide and highlight sections of content. You can define the background as an included theme color (primary, secondary, action, or body) or any hex color. more info
Add formatted buttons with the link URL, text, style, class, target, size, and optional icon. more info
Insert a stylized contextual message block with styling for default, info, alert, error, or a success message. more info
Designed to be used on the homepage, this shortcode displays the newest posts or a defined category of posts accoriding to your shortcode settings. more info
If you’re using Paid Memberships Pro, this shortcode will display a block with signup fields for a specific membership level. more info
Easily create a digest view of a given pages’ subpages, with an excerpt or the full page content, in the order you define. more info
[memberlite_tabs] and [memberlite_tab] Shortcode
Add a tabbed content block with this simple shortcode. more info
[row] and [col] Shortcodes
Format your content in responsive columns based on a 12 column grid. You can nest columns by using the [row_row] and [col_col] shortcodes. more info
Easily add any Font Awesome icon using this simple shortcode. more info
Full documentation on all included shortcodes can be found at the Memberlite Theme homepage
Download, Install and Activate
In your WordPress admin, go to Plugins > Add New to install Memberlite Shortcodes, or:
- Download the latest version of the plugin.
- Unzip the downloaded file to your computer.
- Upload the /memberlite-shortcodes/ directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Start Using the Shortcodes!
Browse the Memberlite Shortcodes documentation to see all shortcodes, their attributes, and to view sample shortcode demos.
Where can I find Memberlite Shortcodes documentation and user guides?
For help setting up and configuring the Memberlite Shortcodes plugin, please refer to documentation.
Where can I get the Memberlite Theme?
Visit https://memberlitetheme.com to get your copy of the Memberlite Theme.
I’m not using the Memberlite Theme – can I still use Memberlite Shortcodes plugin?
Some of the shortcodes in this plugin will work with any theme, but we cannot guarantee the appearance will match that of the demo site.
Contributors & Developers
“Memberlite Shortcodes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Мүчөлөрү
“Memberlite Shortcodes” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Memberlite Shortcodes” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.3.7 – 2022-09-11
- ENHANCEMENT: Added
show_children_depthattribute to subpagelist shortcode to limit depth of children shown.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated to Font Awesome version 6.2.
- ENHANCEMENT: Tested up to WordPress 6.0.
1.3.6 – 2022-03-15
- BUG FIX: Fixed a few strings that we not prepared for localization.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Only load some CSS for shortcodes for sites not using Memberlite theme.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated to Font Awesome version 6.0.
- ENHANCEMENT: Tested up to WordPress 5.9.2.
1.3.5 – 2021-03-13
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated to Font Awesome version 5.15.1.
- ENHANCEMENT: Tested up to WordPress 5.7.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Improved appearance of “link” style buttons.
1.3.4 – 2020-09-14
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Fixed issue with localization to allow for proper translation.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Improved the tabs shortcode to allow for hyperlink to a targeted tab and set as active.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Improved the accordion shortcode to allow for hyperlink to a targeted accordion item and set as active.
- BUG FIX: Removed code that was behaving inconsistently to set a cookie based on the last active tab visited.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now using version 5.14.0 of Font Awesome.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now tested up to WordPress 5.5.
1.3.3 – 2020-04-30
- BUG FIX: Fixed display bug for a recent post in shortcode output with no avatar or featured image.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue with $memberlite_active_tabs not countable.
- BUG FIX: Now inheriting font-family for .btn, button, input[type=submit] from the body property.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Adjusted
memberlite_subpagelistshortcode logic to accept
post_parent="-1"to allow a meta_key query across pages, regardless of the parent.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Added alt tag to recent posts shortcode output for featured image or avatar.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Adjusted button font-family to inherity from body rather than set explicitly.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added support for
tag_idas attributes of the
- ENHANCEMENT: Now using version 5.13.0 of Font Awesome.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now tested up to WordPress 5.4.
1.3.2 – 2019-05-09
- ENHANCEMENT: Now using version 5.8.2 of Font Awesome.
1.3.1 – 2018-08-01
- BUG FIX: Improved broken layout of Recent Posts shortcode to use grid layout properly.
1.3 – 2018-07-30
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated to use Font Awesome version 5.2.
- ENHANCEMENT: Adjusted styles and memberlite_subpagelist shortcode to match Memberlite Theme version 4.0 styling.
1.2 – 2018-02-21
- ENHANCEMENT: Added additional attributes to the memberlite_subpagelist shortcode (include, post_type, meta_key).
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Accordion shortcode.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now using version 4.7 of Font Awesome.
1.1 – 2017-11-28
- BUG: Fixed warning and deprecated function for get_the_author_meta().
- ENHANCEMENT: More attributes for recent posts to display posts by author or select post type (CPT).
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a ‘icon_position’ attribute to the memberlite_btn shortcode.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a ‘class’ attribute to the memberlite_btn shortcode.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now only loading CSS/JS resources when needed.
- BUG: Now checking that PMPro is active before requiring memberlite_signup shortcode.
1.0.1 – 2016-08-15
- BUG: Removed empty ‘h2’ when no title defined for banner shortcode.
- BUG: Now using plugins_url to avoid http/https issues.
1.0 – 2016-07-05