OrangeBox is a Lightweight, Cross-Browser, Automated jQuery Lightbox Script.
It can display images, YouTube and Vimeo videos, Flash SWF files, PDFs, iFrames and any other inline content. It also groups items together (regardless of their content type) and shows easy to use navigation.
This is the second release of the OrangeBox WordPress Plugin.
The Plugin runs on OrangeBox 3
What’s new in OrangeBox 3
- Valid Markup
- Better cross-browser compatability
- PDF Support
- Set “lightbox” search term
- Dynamically show custom content in OrangeBox
- Flickr and Picasa image streams
- URL Links to share content
- Expanded Image Viewing
- Advanced Logging
- Advanced Size Settings
- Link from Image Maps
If you are upgrading to OrangeBox3, please first read the upgrade notes.
To install the plugin, please follow these steps
- Upload the
orangeboxfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the OrangeBox Options/Settings page in your WordPress Dashboard and set up your options
- For more information on usage and customization go to the http://davidpaulhamilton.net/orangebox
The plugin automatically adds OrangeBox functionality to image/video links. There is no shortcode and no extra steps. Read the full documentation for more information
API & Customization
OrangeBox can be fully customized through the OrangeBox settings page. Visit this page for information about API and Customization
- How do I use OrangeBox with NextGen Gallery?
To setup NextGen Gallery to use OrangeBox:
1. Click on “Options” under “Gallery” in your WordPress Dashboard (on the left)
1. Select the “Effects” tab
- Please send me your questions! I am always happy to help!
For More info, go to http://davidpaulhamilton.net/orangebox
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“OrangeBox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Мүчөлөрү
- Using OrangeBox 3.0.0
- Using OrangeBox 2.0.3 which adds AddThis functionality
- Check for blank title
- Fixed check for rel for manual calls
- Initial Beta Version