SeatGeek’s Tour Dates plugin allows artists and fans to display upcoming tour dates for an artist, theater group (e.g. Book of Mormon), or team. Install as a sidebar widget or as a full-page widget using shortcode.
The widget is fully customizable so you can have it match the look and feel of your site and ties into SeatGeek’s affiliate program so you can generate revenue off tickets sold.
Get tour dates on your site in under 5 minutes!
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- If activating the sidebar widget, drag the widget into your sidebar in Appearances > Widget
- If activating the full-page plugin, enter the shortcode in a post. Here is a sample shortcode
[seatgeek_events artist=“Lady Gaga“ display_limit=”5″]
- To get your affiliate_id go to http://seatgeek.com/partners. You can enter that affiliate id in the sidebar widget and as a parameter in the shortcode like so [seatgeek_events artist=“Lady Gaga“ display_limit=”5″ affiliate_id=“23”].
- Add widget or shortcode anywhere on your blog. Customize the CSS from the “Tour Dates” Settings tab
- How do I make money with the Tour Dates widget?
First, join the SeatGeek affiliate program (http://seatgeek.com/partners) and get an affiliate id. You can enter that affiliate id in the sidebar widget and as a parameter in the shortcode like so [seatgeek_events artist=“Lady Gaga“ display_limit=”5″ affiliate_id=“23”].
SeatGeek affiliates receive 50% of all ticket commissions.
- What options do the widget and the shortcode accept?
You can use the following options with your shortcode display_limit which is the number of events and artist and affiliate_id. The shortcode sample below shows how to include these options.
- How do I embed the shortcode in my site?
Simply add the shortcode like so
<div> [seatgeek_events artist="Lady Gaga" display_limit="5" affiliate_id="23"] </div>
- What if I misspell the artist name?
If the artist name doesn’t match our artist name, you’ll likely get a response that the artist has no tours. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you spelled the artist’s name wrong;
- Can this widget also be used for sports teams?
Yes! You can add a sports team (e.g. “Boston Red Sox”) instead of an artist
- Can I show results from more than one artist?
At the moment, we only return results from one artist.
- I have a feature idea; who can I contact?
Please send an email to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch. We welcome any suggestions and ideas.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Tour Dates” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Мүчөлөрү
- First public release of widget