Please Note: This plugin works with the most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox or Opera browsers
Uberkeen is a free and very simple yet effective plugin for displaying a realtime Video call button on a WordPress site.
The visitors to your web site can simply click to start a video conversation in realtime via your website.
No plugin installation required on the user side.
The Uberkeen WebRTC video call plugin renders the video stream from a getUserMedia() call with a video element. The MediaStream object stream passed to the getUserMedia() callback is in global scope, so you can inspect it from the console. A full description and demonstration is available at Uberkeen -to come soon.
Uberkeen WebRTC Video Call Button Features:
- Displays a video call button on a WordPress site page or on multiple pages
- Provides information on current caller such as IP address, country, city
- Provides information on the total number of calls and the number of calls missed over a 24 hour period
- Provides information on the hourly distribution of calls on a 24 hour period
- The current time zone can be selected to make the information on the hourly distribution of calls meaningful
- Video Call button appearance and text can be personalized
- Option to add an explanatory text just above of the button
- Displays automatically a message in a pop-up window to let your visitors know that you are offline at the moment
- Initial registration required
- Simple instructions and installation
- Uses a shortcode for installation
Uberkeen WebRTC Video Call Button Installation
- Go to the Plugins->Add New section of the Admin Panel.
- Search for “Uberkeen WebRTC Video Call Button”.
- Go to the Plugins->Installed Plugins and activate the “Uberkeen WebRTC Video Call Button” plugin.
- Follow the instructions provided in the settings and provide an email address to register. No other information besides a valid email address is required to register. However, registration is mandatory to use the plugin.
Uberkeen WebRTC Video Call Button Shortcode
- A shortcode is a line of text used for loading plugins within WordPress pages or posts. Simply copy the shortcode provided and paste it in the appropriate page or post of your WordPress site.
- Use the options provided to customize the text and appearance of the Video call button.
- In the Options panel, when you are available to take calls, open your phone line by clicking on the Open line button.
- To put your phone offline, click on the Open line button again. A warning message will be displayed automatically if visitors try calling during that time.
Why does the plugin require an external server to function?
In order to communicate with another person (i.e., peer) via a web browser, each person’s web browser must agree to begin communication, know how to locate one another, bypass security and firewall protections, and transmit all multimedia communications in real-time.
A signalling (external) server is therefore required to achieve all of those tasks. In addition, encryption is mandatory for all WebRTC communications. All the communications are encrypted using Datagram Transport layer Security (DTLS), which is a derivative of SSL. DTLS is build in to all browsers that support WebRTC. In short the keys for the peer-to-peer SSL connection are generated by the peers and exchanged over the signalling protocol. The Peers use a self signed certificate (asymmetric-key) based on RSA to exchange the symmetric keys they will use for the communication.
Is WebRTC safe to use?
Yes, all the communications are encrypted using Datagram Transport layer Security (DTLS), which is a derivative of SSL.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Uberkeen WebRTC Video Call Button” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Мүчөлөрү
Interested in development?
- Initial version
- Video image now available
- Information provided on current caller
- Statistics on the hourly distribution of calls over a 24 hour period and total number of calls/missed calls over same period
- Additional features such as customization of appearance and text of button
- Option to add an explanatory text just above of the button but can be left blank