Adds an export emails page that allows you to export the email list of your subscribers and the email list of all the people who left comments. That way you can use a more sophisticated mailing list or autoresponder system to communicate with the people interested in your website.
- Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /export-emails/ folder and the files.
- Using an FTP program, upload the full /export-emails/ folder to your WordPress plugins directory (Example: /wp-content/plugins).
- Go to Plugins > Installed and activate the plugin.
- Go to Tools > Export Emails.
- Why not exporting the email lists as files?
The very first implementation of this plugin was actually creating files for download. While it’s a very convenient solution, there are security and privacy issues with it. The simple fact of having, even momentarily, a file on your server that contain the email addresses of all your subscribers is a significant risk. Because of that, it was decided against using downloadable files.
- How can I support this plugin?
If you enjoy this plugin and would like to help with the development, please consider donating. Otherwise, spread the word, report bugs and give this plugin a good rating.
- How do I report a bug?
If you find any bugs with the plugin or if you have any suggestions, please go to the Export Emails plugin homepage and leave a comment to let me know.
Contributors & Developers
“Export emails” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Compatibility check with WordPress 3.8.1
- Remove emails from comments marked as spam from the list
- Compatibility check with WordPress 2.8.2
- Compatibility check with WordPress 2.8
- Minor localisation work
- New look for the export emails page
- Initial release