WP Forum Server : A complete forum system for your wordpress blog.
The forum is a plugin, so no additional work is needed to integrate it into your site.
WP Forum Server is a an advanced, stable fork of WP Forum.
If there are any problems installing this plugin
please visit the site at http://forumpress.org/
and download the plugin from there.
If you want to show off your forum please
and leave a link to your site.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
forum-serverfolder to the
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Make a new page to place your forum into. Make sure you have it on the
Simply place the tag
[forumServer]in the new page content area.
Please visit http://forumpress.org/ for usage instructions.
Complete Installation Instructions: http://forumpress.org/installation-setup
For a complete demo visit http://forumpress.org/support/
- Do you have a demo?
Yes- it’s located here: http://forumpress.org/support
- The file from WordPress.org does not work
Go to http://forumpress.org/
and download from there.
- Is there a gallery i can see other people using the plugin?
- How do I translate interface in another language?
To make a translation of any wp plugin use this plugin
When the .mo file is ready:
Prefix the .mo file with “vasthtml-“, for example: vasthtml-en_EN.mo.
Copy this file to /wp-content/plugins/forum-server/languages/
Go to Admin > WP Forum Server > General Options and choose your language
Also you can add description to your translate file: create file vasthtml-en_EN.txt with short description and put it info language directory.
- May I recommend some new features?
Yes please do. http://vasthtml.com/support/?vasthtmlaction=viewtopic&t=20.0
- Where can I get support?
In the support forums on Vast HTML: http://forumpress.org/support
Contributors & Developers
“WP Forum Server” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Мүчөлөрү
Translate “WP Forum Server” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- updating version number
- SEO-friendly clean URLs added
- fixing harmless “exploits”
- fixing harmless “exploits”
- minor changes to fix version
- restored missing files from SVN
- wpf-insert.php injection vulnerability fixed
- Added automatically create forum page and example content
- Fixed bug: modules loading errors
- Fixed bug: SEO-friendly URLs in PRO-version
- Fixed bug: dropdown select in admin moderators and users
- Fixed bug: subject encoding in topic reply
- Added “Upgrade to Pro” links
- Fixed bug with wordpress html editor in admin
- Fixed major security bug with RSS feed
- Fixed BBCodes php errors on some of installation
- Names of users on forum now displays the same as throughout wordpress ( using ‘Display name’ instead of ‘user name’ )
- Improved usabiity of changing languages. Now available through wordpress admin panel in a simple way
- Fixed bug: warning php message
- Fixed bug: duplicate topic forms
- Fixed bug: default encoding in database tables changed to UTF-8
- Fixed bug: parsing ‘$’ character
- Fixed bug: width for posts with embedded video or code listings
- Fixed bug: login form when wordpress is installed in it’s own directory (not in root folder)
- Fixed bug: ‘show new posts since last visit’ feature
- Fixed bug: links to posts in RSS feed
- Fixed bug: database error when deleting forum
- Fixed bug: interface of adding users to users’ groups
- Fixed bug: Fix icon for my hot topics
- Fixed bug: Fix minimize forum header button
- Fixed bug: Fix deleting single post in topic
- Fixed bug: Fix deleting category when there’s some topics in it
- Fixed bug: Fix redirect after posting in topic on non first page
- Fixed bug: Fix checking user_level for sticky post function
- Fixed forum related errors (undefined variables) with debug-mode enabled
- Fixed bug: Incorrect formatting in replies subject for topics and posts containing apostrophes
- Fixed bug: Disallow ability to modify guest posts by other guests
- Fixed bug: Fix the topic links in the rss feed and email-notifications
- Added line breaks in post/answer body for better text formatting
- Fixed bug: Duplicate launch of plugin with sfc-like plugin
- Fixed bug: Fix youtube video insertion (allow html embed object)
- Was added support SEO-frendly URLs
- Fixed bug: Duplicate launch of plugin on certain themes and WordPress installations
- Fixed bug: Localization support on WordPress 3.0+
- Fixed bug: Path problems if wordpress is in subdirectory
- Fixed bug: Incompatibility with FireStats plugin and possibly certain other plugins, the bug also could cause a lot of database errors
- Fixed bug: Duplicating topics due to plugin incompatibility with certain plugins
- Fixed bug: No post body inside the topic due to plugin incompatibility with certain plugins
- Fixed bug: BBCode content inside e-mail notifications
- Fixed bug: Closing a topic didn’t work as expected
- Fixed bug: sending e-mail notifications of your own replies when subscribed on topic
- Fixed bug: When subscribing to replies on topic, a blank screen was showing up
- “Unmake sticky” renamed to “Unstick” (for sticky topics)
- Fixed bug: Unstick function now works
- Fixed bug: search system now works
- Improved search system, now it searches in topic titles and can search in both titles and content
- Fixed bug: Email notifications were not sent in some cases
- New placeholder for inserting forum into WordPress page: [forumServer] can be used instead of
- Added admin ability to close a topic
- Added admin ability to move a topic
- Fixed bug with message width on narrow theme column
- Fixed bug with Google Analytics hiding message textarea
- Fixed bug when user manually changes url parameters
- The link to edit categories now works.
- Made a work around for those having trouble deleting categories.
- Link to FORUM in Breadcrumb
- Group Link and Group Page
- Fixed the blank page redirection stuff
- Fixed database errors
- Code clean up
- Changed menu style to match WordPress 2.7+
- Changed all images to a more updated look