Reading Time shows the estimated reading time of the post, in seconds or minutes.
The estimate is automatic; a custom value for a single post can be inserted using a Custom Field named “readingtime”.
For more info: https://www.whiletrue.it/reading-time-for-wordpress/
Features In Next Release
- Display setting: always / only for selected tags or categories / only when the
readingtimecustom tag is set
- Set your favourite values in the
Settings->Reading Timemenu in WordPress
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
How is the estimation done?
The estimation is based on the “speed” value stored in the settings menu.
The value for speed should be chosen between a span of 150 words per minute (slightly slower than average) to 250 words per minute (slightly higher than average); if not set, a default value of 200 is used.
Contributors & Developers
“Reading Time” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Мүчөлөрү
Translate “Reading Time” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added: New progress bar display setting
- Fixed: Settings sanitization
- Plugin tested up WordPress 6.1
- Added: Default settings value
- Added: New position setting, above or below the post
- Added: Uninstall function